- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 cup pear nectar
- 1 Bartlett pear, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp golden raisins
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- In a dry skillet over medium-high heat, toast the oats, stirring frequently, until fragrant and slightly colored, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the oats into a bowl.
- In a deep medium saucepan, combine pear nectar with 3/4 cup water.
- Over medium heat, cook slowly until bubbles appear around the edges. Do not let liquid boil.
- Immediately stir in oats.
- Add pear, cinnamon, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the oats are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in the raisins.
- Divide oatmeal among four bowls. Top with a dollop of yogurt. Serve immediately.