Roasted Garlic Spread
- 1 head of garlic
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°. Peel away any extra outer papery white layers. Leave white layers of the individual garlic cloves intact and keep each individual clove attached to the garlic head.
- Cut off top 1/2 inch of garlic head to expose tops of cloves.
- Place garlic head on large square of aluminum foil. Pour a drizzle of olive oil over top of exposed cloves, making sure each clove is properly coated. Wrap aluminum foil around garlic head to cover completely. Place on baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until cloves are soft when pressed with a fork. Allow garlic to cool.
- Using your fingers or a cocktail fork, pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from their individual skins. Mash with a fork and spread on toasted bread or use as a topping for baked potatoes.