Raw Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head (about 2 lb) cauliflower
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry cauliflower. Pull off and discard outer leaves and cut head into 4 quarters. If using a box grater, position it over a large bowl and grate cauliflower to size of cooked rice grains. Alternatively, divide quarters into florets, place half of them in the bowl of a food processor, and process until cauliflower is size of cooked rice grains, about 20 seconds.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Feel free to use a mix of green and purple cauliflower whenever possible. Use equal portions of each color, and then proceed with the recipe.
- Raw Cauliflower Rice will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 days, or in the freezer for about 3 months. Thaw before using.
58 Calories, 4 g Protein, 11 g Carbohydrates, 5 g Fiber, 1 g Total fat, 359 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin C, ★★★ Vitamin B6, K, Folate, ★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Phosphorus, Potassium