Spicy Sprouting Broccoli
- 1 1/2 lb sprouting broccoli* or kale
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely sliced
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and blanch for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan, add sesame seeds and toast over medium heat for 2 minutes until they start to pop. Set aside.
- In another frying pan, heat oils over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and chili, and fry gently for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and coat with oil mixture. Add vinegar and soy sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve with sesame seeds sprinkled over.
*Sprouting broccoli is a variety of broccoli with a larger number of heads, many thin stalks, and a delicate flavor.