- 2 cups EDEN Quinoa, washed and drained
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 medium organic tomato, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled if waxed, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup scallions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3/4 cup pine nuts, lightly pan toasted
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the quinoa, cover and bring to a boil again.
- Reduce the flame and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Turn off flame and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place quinoa in a large mixing bowl and fluff with a fork to cool.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, garlic, parsley, pine nuts, olives and red peppers.
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to mix thoroughly.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.
296 calories, 14g fat (40% calories from fat), 11g protein, 35g carbohydrate, 13g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.