- 2 cups EDEN Quinoa, washed and drained
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 medium organic tomato, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled if waxed, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup scallions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3/4 cup pine nuts, lightly pan toasted
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the quinoa, cover and bring to a boil again.
- Reduce the flame and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Turn off flame and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place quinoa in a large mixing bowl and fluff with a fork to cool.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, garlic, parsley, pine nuts, olives and red peppers.
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to mix thoroughly.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.
296 calories, 14g fat (40% calories from fat), 11g protein, 35g carbohydrate, 13g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium