Diet plays an important role in the prevention of many forms of cancer. The editors of Harvard Medical School’s HEALTHbeat newsletter offer this “pattern for healthy eating” to help ward off
Diet Tips for Prostate Cancer Prevention:
- Eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables every day, particularly those with deep, bright colors.
- Choose whole-grain breads, pastas, and cereals.
- Limit your intake of red meat, including beef, pork, and lamb, and processed meats such as bologna and hot dogs.
- Opt for healthy protein sources such as fish, skinless poultry, beans, and eggs.
- Choose healthful fats, such as olive oil, nuts, and avocados.
- Avoid sugar-sweetened drinks, such as sodas.
- Cut down on salt.
- Limit your portion sizes, eat slowly, and stop eating when you’re full.
“10 Diet & Exercise Tips for Prostate Health,” Harvard Medical School HEALTHbeat, 2017