Stephanie Tourles's Essential Oils: A Beginner’s Guide by Stephanie Tourles, ($16.95, Storey Publishing, 2018)
- 60 drops rosemary (ct. verbenon or nonchemotype specific)
- 50 drops peppermint
- 40 drops eucalyptus (species globulus, radiata, or smithii)
- 1/4 ounce dark glass bottle with a screw cap or orifice reducer cap
To Make the Blend:
- Combine the rosemary, peppermint, and eucalyptus essential oils in the bottle. Screw the top on the bottle and shake vigorously for 2 minutes to blend. Label the bottle and set it in a cool, dark location for 24 hours so that the oils can synergize.
- Store at room temperature, away from heat and light; use within 2 years. Do not store the bottle with a dropper top, as the strong vapors will degrade the rubber tip. Store only with a screw cap.
- Shake well before using.
- Place only 1 or 2 drops in your palm, rub both palms together to warm the oil, cup your hands over your nose and mouth, and inhale deeply for 15 to 30 seconds. Avoid direct contact with the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Repeat two or three times per day, if needed.
With decongestant, respiratory-disinfecting, and antiviral properties, this blend is recommended for use in a diffuser for anyone suffering from sinus or chest congestion, bronchial infections, a bad cold, or the flu. Follow the manufacturer’s directions for your particular brand of essential oil diffuser or nebulizer, and use the appropriate number of drops.
If you suffer from asthma, this formulation may be too stimulating. Avoid completely if you are having an asthma attack.
This pleasingly sharp blend of ultra-stimulating essential oils opens the sinus and respiratory channels, inviting a rush of fresh, energizing oxygen to your brain and lungs. Take a whiff first thing in the morning to help you wake up and motivate you to take on the day’s tasks, or use it in the afternoon to keep production levels high at work. It makes a wonderful diffuser blend to enliven the home or office environment, or to use in teenagers’ rooms while they’re doing homework.
Safe for folks 12 years of age and older. This is an aromatherapeutically concentrated formula, so use only by the drop as directed.