Sweet Chili Sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Prepare sauce: Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Allow sauce to thicken for 2 to 3 minutes, and then remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Prepare shrimp: Place shrimp in a bowl and season with salt, black pepper, and paprika. Thread shrimp, pineapple, onion, and bell peppers onto 10 skewers. Brush each side of kebabs with oil.
- Place shrimp on grill. Cook until shrimp become opaque on both sides and pineapple and veggies begin to char, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle with sauce, and serve immediately.