- 1 can (15 oz) chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 cloves finely minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp sesame tahini
- 6 to 8 Tbsp low-sodium vegetable broth or water
- 1 to 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, place chick peas, garlic, tahini, broth or water, lemon juice, and oil. Blend on high speed until mixture is smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce to taste, if desired. Pour mixture into serving bowl. Dust lightly with paprika.
- Serve with cut-up raw vegetables and pita bread or gluten-free crackers.