Vegan for Everybody by the editors at America’s Test Kitchen ($29.95, America’s Test Kitchen, 2017)
- 4 c water
- 1⁄2 c millet, rinsed
- 1⁄2 c prewashed white quinoa
- 1⁄4 c amaranth, rinsed
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 c unsweetened oat milk, plus
- extra as needed
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 11⁄2 c (71⁄2 oz) blueberries
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Bring water to boil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in millet, quinoa, amaranth, and salt. Cover saucepan and let sit at room temperature overnight.
- Stir in oat milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg and bring to simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until grains are fully tender and mixture is thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in blueberries and maple syrup. Adjust consistency with extra oat milk as needed (porridge will thicken as it sits). Serve.
Per serving: 346 Calories, 8 g Protein, 69 g Carbohydrates, 6 g Fiber, 5 g Total fat (1 g sat), 343 mg Sodium, ★★★★ Phosphorus, ★★★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), ★★★ Magnesium, ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), ★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), ★ Vitamin B6, ★ Vitamin B12, ★ Vitamin C, ★ Vitamin K, ★ Calcium, ★ Iron, ★ Potassium, ★ Zinc