- Waffle iron
- Place the rye and kamut flakes in a blender or food processor and grind for 1 to 2 minutes until a coarse flour.
- Remove and place in a mixing bowl. Add the millet to the blender and grind about 4 to 5 minutes until flour.
- Add millet flour, unbleached white flour, sea salt and baking powder to the mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl combine the oil, vinegar and EdenSoy. Mix and let sit for 3 to 4 minutes. It will become thick like buttermilk.
- Add soy buttermilk to the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Heat a waffle iron and lightly oil. When hot reduce the temperature setting to low (1 to 3).
- Add a ladle of batter in the waffle section, close the cover and cook until done, about 2 to 3 minutes or until the cover lifts without sticking. Remove the waffle and repeat.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Makes 8 six inch round waffles.