- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 2 small zucchinis, shredded
- 3/4 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, and salt.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add red bell pepper and zucchini. Cook for 2 minutes. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cook over medium heat without stirring for 3 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven and set timer for 5 minutes. When 5 minutes are up, remove pan from oven and sprinkle goat cheese over top of frittata. Return pan to oven and set timer for an additional 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, check frittata. If it’s set (center is puffy and edges are slightly browned), remove it from oven. If not, bake it for an additional few minutes until done.
Per serving: 247 Calories, 16 g Protein, 5 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 18 g Total fat (7 g sat), 524 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin C, ★★★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Phosphorus, ★★ Vitamin A, ★ Vitamin B6, K, Iron, Potassium