- 4 ounces 100% cacao unsweetened baking chocolate or raw cacao paste (118 grams)
- 1⁄2 c unsweetened coconut milk, as thick as possible
- Lite coconut milk and coconut milk beverage in a carton will not work, as they are too thin.
- 11⁄4 to 11⁄2 c Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener (not Baking).
- I do not recommend any other sweetener for the filling.
- I like truffles moderately sweet. If you like them quite sweet, use the larger amount of sweetener.
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Choose your favorite, or be adventurous and do them all:
- 1⁄2 c raw nuts, soaked if possible, chopped finely and toasted lightly
- 1⁄4 c medium-shredded unsweetened coconut (not coconut flour), raw or toasted
- Pure cacao powder
- 1⁄4 c raw yacón syrup and chopped nuts (roll in the syrup, then in the nuts)
- 1⁄4 c raw yacón syrup and pure unsweetened cacao nibs (my personal favorite)
- (roll in the syrup, then in the nibs)
- 3 Tbsp finely ground Wholesome Sweeteners
- Organic Zero Erythritol (grind in a blender, food processor, or home coffee grinder)
- Spices, such as ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, or ground ginger