- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine oil, barley malt, maple syrup and hot water.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Mix dry and wet ingredients together. Form the dough into four balls with floured hands. Lightly flour a rolling surface and roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Lightly oil a cookie sheet.
- Cut the dough with cookie cutters and place on the cookie sheet. Repeat until all dough is rolled and cut.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the bottom of the cookies are slightly brown.
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.