- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine oil, barley malt, maple syrup and hot water.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Mix dry and wet ingredients together. Form the dough into four balls with floured hands. Lightly flour a rolling surface and roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Lightly oil a cookie sheet.
- Cut the dough with cookie cutters and place on the cookie sheet. Repeat until all dough is rolled and cut.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the bottom of the cookies are slightly brown.