For the Crust
- 3 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 14 raw almonds
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp unsweetened almond milk
For the Cheesecake
- 1 oz 70% dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1 (12 oz) package organic non-GMO lite silken tofu
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp hempseeds
- 2 Tbsp raw walnuts
- 1 tsp chopped or shaved 70% dairy-free dark chocolate
- To make crust: Combine dates, almonds, cocoa powder, salt, and almond milk in a small food processor and process until you have a crumbly, slightly sticky mixture. Scrape the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Place dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set it over a pan of simmering water. Stir until chocolate is smooth and melted. Remove from heat.
- Transfer melted chocolate to a small food processor with tofu, maple syrup or coconut nectar, and cocoa powder. Process until you have a smooth, pudding-like consistency. Divide mixture between two bowls.
- Divide chocolate crust between each bowl and garnish with hempseeds, walnuts, and chopped or shaved dark chocolate.
377 Calories, 15 g Protein, 53 g Carbohydrates, 6 g Fiber, 15 g Total fat (4 g sat), 223 mg Sodium, ★★★ Phosphorus, ★★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Magnesium, ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), E, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Zinc