- 8 oz gluten-free pasta
- 1/4 cups fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 12 oz large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups cooked black beans (or use 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup red onion (from 1/2 a small red onion), diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- Fresh cilantro and limes for garnish, optional
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with hot water.
- Combine lime juice, garlic, chili powder, salt, pepper, honey, and olive oil in a small glass jar. Shake to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add shrimp to pan and cook for about 1 minute per side or until shrimp just start to turn pink.
- Stir in spinach, black beans, onion, and lime dressing. Add pasta, toss to coat well, and heat for another minute or two or until spinach has wilted.
- Stir in tomato. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve with wedges of fresh lime if desired. To eat warm, serve immediately. To serve cold, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (Can be made a day ahead.)
Diagnosed with gluten intolerance more than 20 years ago, Carol Kicinski has motivated millions to live happy allergen-free lives. She founded Simply Gluten Free, a gluten-free recipe and lifestyle blog and website, in 2007. Its purpose is to educate, assist, and inspire those with celiac disease or intolerance to gluten, dairy, peanuts, grains, or other allergenic elements, and to assist those with vegetarian and vegan preferences. Her fans have made it one of the top gluten-free websites.
Carol’s recipe motto is “gluten-free recipes that are not just ‘good for gluten-free’ but just plain good, period!” She is also a regular guest chef on television, the author of two cookbooks, a professional recipe developer and the founder and editor-in-chief of Simply Gluten Free.