- 8 oz fresh cooked crabmeat, preferably peekytoe, picked over for shells and cartilage
- Finely grated zest of 1∕2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp minced red onion
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1∕2 jalapeño, seeds removed and sliced paper-thin
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into 3∕4-inch dice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large leaves butter lettuce
- Mix crabmeat, lemon zest and juice, onion, oil, parsley, basil, and jalapeño in a medium bowl to combine.
- Add avocado and toss very gently to combine, keeping avocado intact.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (The salad can be covered and refrigerated at this point for up to 2 hours.)
- For each serving, place 2 lettuce leaves on a dinner plate and top with half of the salad. Serve immediately.
326 Calories, 23 g Protein, 12 g Carbohydrates, 8 g Fiber, 22 g Total fat (3 g sat), 648 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin B12, C, K, ★★★★ Phosphorus, ★★★ Zinc, ★★ Vitamin B3 (niacin), B6, E, Potassium, ★ Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Calcium, Magnesium