- 1/4 lb dried pinto beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/4 lb dried black beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/4 lb dried red (kidney) beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 8 cups water
- 1 Tbsp light olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Instant Pot
- Place beans, water, and light olive oil in an Instant Pot. Close lid, set steam release to Sealing, and press the Bean button and cook for the default time of 30 minutes. When the timer beeps, let pressure release naturally, about 20 minutes. Open lid and drain beans. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer cooled beans to a large bowl. Add celery, onion, bell pepper, cilantro, and parsley. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, honey, black pepper, and salt. Pour dressing over bean mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Three-bean salads are staples of the summer grilling season and potluck parties. You can use any combination of beans you like, but this easy-to make version features three heart-healthy beans loaded with filling fiber and protein.