- 3 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 tsp onion powder, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1 lb ground chicken breast*
- 3 Tbsp dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg white
- 3 Tbsp hot wing sauce
- 2 tsp butter
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, 1/4 teaspoon each of onion powder and garlic salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, breadcrumbs, egg white, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Do not overmix. Divide mixture into four portions, and flatten to form patties.
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat. Add patties to pan, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until almost cooked through. Add hot sauce, butter, and 2 tablespoons of water to skillet and stir (around burgers) to combine. Cover pan, and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Uncover, flip burgers, and cook until burgers are glazed with sauce.
- Warm buns, place a lettuce leaf on bottom of each half, add a burger, top with 1 1/2 tablespoons of spread, and garnish with grated carrot. Cover and enjoy!
- *To make your own ground chicken breast, simply cube one pound of boneless, skinless breast meat, place in the freezer for 30 minutes, and pop meat into the food processor until coarsely ground.
- A crumble of blue cheese, sliced tomato, and red onion are also great toppers for this burger.