- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp teriyaki or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- Fresh Fruit – plums, nectarines & pineapple work best
- Vegetable oil
- If using wood skewers, soak them for at least 25 minutes.
- Combine first four ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Thread chicken and plums or nectarines alternately on either wood or metal skewers. (Leave a little space between each item.)
- Brush a grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat grill to medium.
- Grill kebabs about 4 inches from heat source. Baste occasionally with apricot sauce and turn skewers as needed until chicken is cooked. (Do not baste skewers during last few minutes of grilling.)
More from The Taste for Life Test Kitchen