- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Grated zest and juice of 3 medium-size lemons (reserve the juiced lemons)
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 (4-inch) rosemary sprigs
- Divide chicken cubes evenly among 8 large skewers, leaving a little space between the pieces. Place them in a shallow baking dish or heavy-duty plastic bag.
- In a large bowl, mix together lemon zest and juice, garlic, oil, salt, and red pepper flakes. Mix well. Add juiced lemon halves and rosemary. Pour mixture over chicken and turn it a few times to evenly coat. Allow skewered chicken to sit, refrigerated, in marinade for at least 4 hours, or up to overnight.
- Bring grill to medium heat and cook skewers directly over heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cooked through, rotating skewers as you go to ensure even cooking.
- Once chicken is cooked through, transfer it to a platter and allow to cool before serving.