- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp chili sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- Cook eggplant in boiling water with onion, salt, and pepper until tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in in a saucepan over low heat. Add flour; blend well. Add milk gradually, stirring, until blended.
- Continue cooking over low heat, stirring, until thickened.
- In a bowl, combine sauce, chopped onion, chopped pepper, cheese, slightly beaten egg yolks, chili sauce and drained eggplant.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350°.
238 Calories, 16 g Fat, 14 g Carbohydrates (1 g Dietary Fiber, 6 g Sugar) 10 g Protein, 111 mg Cholesterol, 351 mg Sodium