The Anti-Breast Cancer Cookbook by Julia B. Greer, MD, MPH ($19.95, Sunrise River Press, 2013)
- 1 Tbsp green curry paste (more if desired)
- 2 boneless, skinless medium chicken breasts (about 4 oz each), chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 12 oz shiitake mushrooms, washed very well and sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup Thai eggplant, sliced and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup organic corn kernels, cut off cooked cob, or frozen and de-thawed
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce (less if brand is very pungent)
- 1 (13 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 green chile, sliced (optional—this will make the dish very spicy)
- 2 cups brown rice, short- or medium-grain, cooked
- In a soup pot, heat oil and curry paste on high until paste bubbles.
- Add chicken, carrots, mushrooms, onion, eggplant, corn, and fish sauce. Stir for about 1 minute and then add coconut milk.
- Lower heat to medium and cook for about 6 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through. (If you prefer a thicker curry, let it reduce for another couple of minutes.)
- Add green chile, if using. Serve over brown rice.
490 Calories, 21 g Protein, 42 g Carbohydrates, 7 g Fiber, 27 g Total fat (21 g sat, 2 g mono, 2 g poly), 431 mg Sodium, Vitamin B3 (niacin), Manganese, Vitamin A, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin B1 (thiamine), Folate, Pantothenic acid, Zinc