- 4 oz lasagna noodles (about 8 sheets or enough for 2 layers)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 lbs spinach, well-washed
- 32 oz part-skim ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp or 1⁄2 oz garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest (from about 1 lemon)
- 1⁄4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 cups or 10 oz frozen peas
- 2 cups or 8 oz asparagus, cut in 1⁄2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup or 2 oz grated Parmigiano
- 8 oz mozzarella, grated, divided
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain, toss with olive oil, and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place the spinach in a large pan over medium heat. If spinach is still wet, simply cover pan and wilt. If it’s dry, add 1⁄4 cup water to the pan, cover, and wilt. Drain spinach. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop it and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Place spinach in a large bowl with the ricotta, eggs, garlic, zest, nutmeg, peas, asparagus, Parmigiano and half of the mozzarella. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place half the noodles along the bottom of a 9” by 13” pan. Top with half of the ricotta mixture. Repeat with remaining noodles and ricotta mixture.
- Strew remaining mozzarella over the top. Place in the oven and cook until heated through (about 30 minutes).