The All-New Fresh Food Fast by The Editors of Cooking Light ($25.99, Oxmoor House, 2018)
- 2 whole-wheat naan (about 8.8 oz)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 1/2 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 small zucchini, cut into thin ribbons (about 10 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (about 12 oz), halved
- 1 oz crumbled goat cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat broiler with oven rack 5 inches from heat. Brush naan with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Place naan on a baking sheet. Broil until lightly toasted, 1 minute per side.
- Spread ricotta over warm naan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with zucchini, tomatoes, and goat cheese. Return to oven, and broil just until topping begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and, if desired, top with basil. Cut each naan in half.
Whole-wheat naan can burn quickly under the broiler, so be sure to keep your eye on it.
296 Calories, 11 g Protein, 33 g Carbohydrates, 6 g Fiber, 14 g Total fat (4 g sat), 582 mg Sodium, ★★★★ Vitamin C, ★★ Vitamin K, ★ Vitamin B6, Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorus