- 7 oz. Eden Bifun (rice) Pasta, 2 packages
- 2 Tbsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, finely grated
- 1 1/2 tsp Eden Hot Pepper Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 cup scallions, cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup snow peas, stems removed chopped Chinese cabbage or small broccoli floretts
- 2 Tbsp unsalted, roasted organic peanuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Place the pasta in a large bowl, pour warm water over to cover and soak 20 minutes until tender.
- Mix together the shoyu, maple syrup, lime juice, water and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat the hot pepper sesame and olive oil in a large skillet or wok. Sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the carrots, scallions, mung bean sprouts and snow peas. Sauté 1 to 2 minute. Add the shoyu and lime juice mixture. Drain the pasta and place in the skillet. Toss until the pasta is hot and softens, about 2 minutes or so. Toss in the parsley and serve with the peanuts on top for garnish.
- For those with peanut allergies, other nuts such as roasted cashews or slivered almonds may be substituted.
263 calories, 6g fat (19% calories from fat), 7g protein, 46g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium
Eden Foods is the oldest natural and organic food company in North America, and the largest remaining independent manufacturer of dry grocery, organic food. They track the environmental impact of their food upstream from suppliers, through company operations, and downstream, monitoring all the social impacts.