The Good Housekeeping Cookbook Sunday Dinner Collectors Edition ($35.00, Hearst Books, 2014)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 pieces salmon fillet (6 oz each), skin removed
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard with seeds
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 bag (16 oz) shredded cabbage for coleslaw
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400º. In a 12 inch nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium 1 minute. Add onion; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until onion is tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, grease a 13 by 9 inch glass baking dish. With tweezers, remove any bones from salmon pieces. Place salmon, rounded sides up, in baking dish. In cup, stir together curry powder, mustard, and water; use to brush evenly over salmon.
- Roast salmon, without turning over, 15 minutes or just until opaque throughout.
- While salmon roasts, add ginger and cumin to onion in skillet, and cook 1 minute, stirring. Add cabbage and salt; cover and cook 11 to 13 minutes or until cabbage is just tender and starts to brown, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, spoon cabbage mixture onto 4 dinner plates; top with salmon.