From National Watermelon Promotion Board
5 minutes prep time, excluding chilling time | Serves 4
What You Need
- 1/2 c seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 c chunky peanut butter
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce, or to taste
- Dash of hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 16 jumbo shrimp, cleaned, poached, and chilled
- 16 (2-inch) cubes seedless watermelon
- Fresh basil leaves or baby romaine leaves for garnish
What You Do
- Slowly blend the rice vinegar into the peanut butter until completely blended.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, and soy sauce and mix well. Season with hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Pour all but 2 tablespoons of the dressing over the shrimp and toss to coat them well. Chill for 1 hour.
- To serve, alternate shrimp and watermelon cubes on 4 skewers and baste with the remaining dressing. Serve over fresh basil or romaine leaves.
Per serving: 263 Calories, 14 g Protein, 18 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 17 g Total fat ( 3 g sat, 8 g mono, 5 g poly), 99 mg Sodium