- 1 15 oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed and dried thoroughly
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp red chili pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Pat chickpeas dry with a paper towel. Discard any skins that peel off.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and add chickpeas. Stir until beans are evenly coated.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for 30 to 40 minutes, turning once.
- Serve immediately.
Teeny-tiny garbanzo beans pack loads of fiber and protein and leave you feeling full, and the heat generated from red chili pepper flakes has been rumored to boost metabolism.