- Place the rice and lentils in a bowl with the raisins and mix.
- Take a won-ton wrapper and place 1 heaping teaspoon of the rice filling in the center of the wrapper.
- With cold water, moisten the edges of the wrapper. Take one corner of the wrapper and fold it over the filling to the opposite corner and press firmly to seal the filling inside the wrapper forming a pyramid-shaped pastry. Repeat until all wrappers are filled.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or heavy pot. When hot deep fry several samosa at a time until crisp and golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with chutney, sweet and sour, spicy mustard, curry, plum or raisin sauce.
*Phyllo dough or puff pastry dough may be substituted for won-ton wrappers.