From the Taste for Life test kitchen
For Ginger Lime Dressing
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
- Grated zest of 2 limes
- ¼ c freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp seasoned gluten-free rice vinegar
- 1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For Rice Salad
- 2 c cooked brown rice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 c cubed extra-firm tofu
- 1/3 c chopped scallions
- 1/4c chopped unsalted raw cashews
- Whisk together Ginger-Lime Dressing ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- Combine cooked rice, bell pepper, and tofu in a large bowl. Add dressing. Toss until combined.
- Garnish with scallions and cashews.
This salad can be served either chilled or at room temperature. For an even stronger ginger flavor, add an extra tablespoon of grated ginger to the dressing.
Per serving: 408 Calories, 18 g Protein, 33 g Carbohydrates, 5 g Fiber, 26 g Total fat (4 g sat, 13 g mono, 3 g poly), 302 mg Sodium, Excellent source of Vitamin C, Manganese, Good source of Iron, Fair source of Vitamin B3 (niacin), B6, Calcium, Copper, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Selenium