- 1 small sweet potato (or half of a medium sweet potato)(1)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 3 hours in filtered water
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Flora Omega Sport+ Oil(2)
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook the Sweet Potato
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Pierce a small sweet potato with a fork and place on a baking sheet. Cook for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven and let it sit for 5-10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Carefully peel off the skin and add the skinless sweet potato to a blender.
- Add pre-soaked cashews, 1/2 cup fresh filtered water, garlic, Flora Omega Sport oil, and coconut aminos to the blender. Blend on high until everything is very creamy. Taste and add salt, then add your desired amount of pepper.
- Keep extra dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- 1 small sweet potato was equivalent to about 1/2 cup of cooked sweet potato.
- Flora’s Omega Sport oil is a plant-based omega 3,6,9 oil blend that also includes MCT oil from coconut and turmeric extract. MCT, or medium chain triglycerides, have been found to lower triglyceride levels, help balance blood sugar levels, and may even help the body burn fat due to their unique digestion process. Turmeric is a very anti-inflammatory root, which when extracted at a 12:1 ratio as it is in this oil, provides the body with inflammatory-fighting curcuminoids. Turmeric is an excellent workout companion because of the inflammation that can occur as the body naturally recovers from microscopic damage to muscle fibers.
Try It on Top of This Recipe
This dressing is great on almost anything, but it was designed to go on top of these nutritious power bowls.