- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 large orange, peeled and quartered (use as much pith as possible for maximum nutrients—some people even juice with the peels on!)
- 2 medium apples, cored and quartered
- 3 medium beets, quartered
- 1/2 inch knob of ginger—or to taste
- 3 medium carrots, sliced lengthwise, tops removed
- Measure chia seeds, if using, into the bottom of the juice receptacle.
- Juice remaining ingredients. If you don’t like pulp, place a fine-mesh strainer over juice receptacle first.
- Whisk juice and chia seeds together. Let sit for five minutes so chia gel can form before enjoying.