Stuffed Cinnamon Apples
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 apples (Golden Delicious, Jonagold, or Rome Beauty work best)
- 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
- Combine walnuts, raisins, honey, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Core apples from their tops, leaving the bottom portions of the apples intact (so walnut-raisin mixture will not fall out).
- Stuff each apple with the walnut-raisin mixture. Drizzle juice over apples.
- Place apples in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours or High for 4 hours, until apples are tender.
This delightful dessert also makes a wonderful breakfast. Serve the apples with a dollop of Greek yogurt for a filling morning meal. If you have a melon baller, use it to core the apples.
195 Calories, 3 g Protein, 36 g Carbohydrates, 5 g Fiber, 7 g Total fat (2 g mono, 4 g poly), 5 mg Sodium, ★★★ Manganese, ★★ of Vitamin C, ★ Copper