Cashew-Cardamom Banana Coconut Smoothie
From Cooking with the Muse by Myra Kornfeld and Stephen Massimilla ($34.95, Tupelo Press, 2016)
- ¼ c cashews, soaked for 4 hours and drained
- 1 frozen banana,* cut into chunks
- ¾ c unsweetened canned coconut milk**
- ¾ c water
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed oil
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- K tsp ground cardamom
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and buzz until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and serve immediately.
- Make sure to stir the coconut milk thoroughly before measuring, since the cream tends to migrate to the top of the can. Store the leftover coconut milk for up to one week in the refrigerator or for months in the freezer.
- To freeze a banana: Peel it first, and then place it in a freezer safe container.
- Add a cup of blueberries for a blue version.