You know you need to stay hydrated, but drinking water all day can get a little dull. Research shows almost half of adults do not get enough water.
Here are some quick and easy ways to infuse more flavor into your daily routine.
- Add whole or crushed pieces of fruit to your water. Raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, and citrus slices (limes, lemon, orange, grapefruit) make tasty additions.
- Drop fresh herbs such as basil or mint into a pitcher or bottle of water. Cucumber slices also refresh.
- Add a splash of all-natural, unsweetened juice to water. Try pomegranate, grape, or cranberry and up your vitamins and antioxidant levels at the same time!
- Make it bubbly. Mineral water or seltzer water can be a nice change of pace. Add natural fruit juice for a touch of sweetness.
- Freeze chopped fruit, mint, or cucumber with water in ice cube trays. Or freeze your favorite lemonade, tea, juice or coffee into ice cubes for a more flavorful cold drink.
BMC Public Health