- 1 to 1 1/4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (about 3)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro or fresh parsley (about 1/2 bunch)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Cooked brown rice, for serving (optional)
6 Quart Slow Cooker
Make It Now:
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, combine turkey, green onions, cilantro, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, bread crumbs, and egg. Mix well using your hands. Shape turkey mixture into roughly 1 1/2-inch-diameter (tablespoon-size) meatballs and place them on prepared baking sheet.
- Position top oven rack about 6 inches below broiler. Preheat broiler. Broil meatballs for 4 to 5 minutes, until they are browned on outside and some fat is rendered. (They will not be cooked through yet.)
For the Dipping Sauce:
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, stir together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, oil, onions, ginger, and pepper flakes.
- Transfer meatballs to slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 2 to 3 hours. (The meatballs are done when they register at least 165° internally.)
- Serve with dipping sauce from slow cooker on side, or over brown rice, with dipping sauce drizzled over top.
Freeze For Later:
- Follow Step 1.
- Place the raw meatballs (do not broil the meatballs before freezing them, as it is not safe to freeze partially cooked meat) in even layers in a gallon-size freezer bag or container, being careful not to smash them; use parchment paper to separate the layers, if needed.
- Seal and freeze flat. Add all the dipping sauce ingredients into a quart-size freezer bag or container. Seal, shake to combine, and freeze alongside the meatballs.
Prepare From Frozen:
- Follow Step 2.
- Transfer the dipping sauce to the slow cooker, and then follow steps 4 and 5.
You may want to have (optional) cooked brown rice on hand for serving.