- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
- 2 Tbsp minced celery leaves
- 1 cup EDEN Sauerkraut, drained and minced
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp dried sage powder or all-purpose seasoning
- 1/2 tsp EDEN Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 3/4 cup EDENSOY Original or EDENSOY Unsweetened
- 10 large stuffing mushrooms, remove stems
- 1 piece EDEN Sweet Brown Rice Mochi, finely grated on a cheese grater or EDEN Sprouted Brown Rice Mochi
- 1 tsp EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pull bread into small cubes and place in a small mixing bowl with the onion, celery, sauerkraut, thyme, sage, shoyu, EDENSOY and half the mochi.
- Mix well.
- Oil the bottom of the mushroom caps.
- Stuff each mushroom.
- Sprinkle the remaining mochi on top of the stuffing.
- Grill on the upper rack of a grill for 10 to 15 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender, stuffing is hot and the mochi has melted.
- Move to the lower grill and brown for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
The caps can be baked on an oiled baking sheet for 20 to 25 minutes at 400° and then broiled for 5 minutes to brown instead of grilling.
Per serving: 65 calories, 2g fat (26% calories from fat), 4g protein, 9g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium