- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 one-inch piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken wings (whole wings, drumettes, or a combination of the two)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- Juice and zest of 2 limes (finely grate the zest)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 to 2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper. Add chicken wings and toss to coat. Arrange wings on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While wings are baking, combine sunflower seed butter, lime juice and zest, honey, chili garlic sauce, and fish sauce in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat and cook until mixture is smooth and combined.
- After wings have cooked for 30 minutes, drain off any juices from the pan. Brush half of sauce on wings, bake for 10 minutes, flip wings, and brush with remaining sauce. Cook for another 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Diagnosed with gluten intolerance more than 20 years ago, Carol Kicinski has motivated millions to live happy allergen-free lives. She founded Simply Gluten Free, a gluten-free recipe and lifestyle blog and website, in 2007. Its purpose is to educate, assist, and inspire those with celiac disease or intolerance to gluten, dairy, peanuts, grains, or other allergenic elements, and to assist those with vegetarian and vegan preferences. Her fans have made it one of the top gluten-free websites.
Carol’s recipe motto is “gluten-free recipes that are not just ‘good for gluten-free’ but just plain good, period!” She is also a regular guest chef on television, the author of two cookbooks, a professional recipe developer and the founder and editor-in-chief of Simply Gluten Free.