- 10 oz baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Blanch spinach in a large pan of salted, boiling water for 1 minute. Drain spinach. When spinach is cool enough to handle, place it in a clean dish towel and wring to remove as much water as possible.
- Add spinach to a food processor along with yogurt and lemon juice. Blend until almost smooth.
- Transfer spinach mixture to a saucepan set over medium-low heat. Add cheeses, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat until cheeses melt.
- Serve immediately with baked tortilla chips, crackers, and raw sliced veggies.
In this reduced-fat version of spinach dip, a blend of Greek yogurt and lemon juice replaces the mayonnaise that’s typically called for. A combination of Parmesan and Cheddar cheeses adds extra flavor.
Looking for More?
If you are looking for more healthy snacks and appetizers for game days or parties check these out!