- 1 cup medium-grain brown rice, rinsed well
- 1/2 cup brown basmati rice, rinsed well
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and drained
- 1/2 cup organic corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 3 cups spring or filtered water
- Generous pinch sea salt
- 1 cup coarsely minced pecans
- Combine rices, cranberries, corn, lime zest, orange zest, and water in a heavy pot. Cover loosely and bring to a boil. Add salt and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook for 40 to 45 minutes,until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is fluffy.
- While rice cooks, place a dry skillet over medium heat. Pan-toast pecan pieces by stirring them in hot skillet until lightly browned and fragrant, taking care not to burn them. Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
- When rice is cooked, gently fold in toasted nuts, lime juice, and orange juice. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.