- 1/3 cup whole almonds, unskinned
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp cashew nut butter
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp coconut sugar or dark muscovado (soft brown) sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp desiccated (dry unsweetened) coconut
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toast almonds on a baking sheet for 5–6 minutes until just browned. Cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Melt coconut oil. Add cashew nut butter and maple syrup and whisk together to blend well.
- Finely grind almonds with oats in a blender. Add coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt, and blend again. Add wet mixture and blend again until mix comes together. Mix in coconut by hand. Divide mixture equally between your chosen molds or into a parchment paper lined tin and press down. Place molds on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until cheesecake is browned around edges. Cool on a wire rack.
Adding spices to this sweet treat enhances the flavors without the need for lots of sugar. A combination of maple syrup and coconut sugar adds sweetness and gives the cheesecakes a warmer, more autumnal feel.