- 1 1⁄2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 12 oz cans evaporated milk
- 10 large eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon of regular cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 to 3⁄4 teaspoon orange rind
- Place white sugar in a wide pan and stir over medium heat for 8 to 12 minutes until the sugar is nicely melted and has a medium-brown color.
- Once your caramel is done, immediately pour the caramel into baking mold. Move mold around so caramel covers the sides.
- Let it cool. As the caramel cools, it will become hard. This is ok.
- Using a blender, pour one can of the condensed milk, one can of evaporated milk and 5 eggs and cream cheese and blend for 10 seconds then pour into a large bowl.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla, blend for 10 seconds, pour with the first blended batch.
- Add orange rind, and mix with a spoon.
- Gently pour milk preparation on top of the hard caramel.
- Place the mold with the flan mix into a larger mold containing enough hot water to reach about two thirds up the sides of the mold. Bake for about an hour minutes or until flan is done.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for at least an hour. Once flan is cool, you can place it in your refrigerator.
- 1⁄2 hour before ready to serve, take flan out of refrigerator, just before to present it to your guests put a plate on top of flan and quickly invert plate, with a spoon scrape caramel and pour on top of flan.