From A Flash in the Pan by John Whaite ($24.99, Kyle Books, 2019), Photo Credit: © Nassima Rothacker
For the Panna Cotta
- 3 gelatin leaves
- 10 fl oz whole goat’s milk
- 3 Tbsp honey
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 14 oz plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1 oz pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 oz dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 oz pomegranate seeds
- 2 figs, quartered
- 1 Tbsp runny honey
- Fill a pint glass with cold water from the tap. Add gelatin leaves, one at a time so they don’t stick together, ensuring they are fully submerged. Leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Put milk, honey, and lemon zest into a medium saucepan. Set saucepan over medium-high heat and allow milk to come to a simmer. Once it does, remove pan from heat.
- Retrieve gelatin leaves from water and squeeze out all excess moisture. Discard water. Add gelatin leaves to pan of milk and stir to dissolve them. Allow milk to cool slightly, and then whisk in yogurt until mixture is even and smooth.
- Pour mixture into a shallow casserole or ceramic roasting dish. Place it into fridge and allow it to set overnight.
- In the morning, scatter top of panna cotta with pistachios, cranberries, pomegranate seeds, and fig quarters. Drizzle honey over and serve, letting everyone scoop out a good spoonful of panna cotta and fruit.
Per serving: 317 Calories, 16 g Protein, 41 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 12 g Total fat (6 g sat), 94 mg Sodium, ★★★★★ Vitamin D, ★ Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B6, Calcium, Phosphorus