- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 4 black tea bags
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- 2 tsp honey
- In a small saucepan, mix together the water, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger and simmer
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and heat until steaming, but do not bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add the black tea bags, and cover.
- Steep for approximately 3 1/2 to 4 minutes.
- Pour into mug and sweeten with honey, if desired.
For a spicier cup of Chai, add 1/8 tsp ground fennel and 1/8 tsp black pepper.