- Pie crust
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut off the top of 4 apples and remove the inside with a spoon or scooper. Be very careful, as to not puncture the peel!
- With the 2 additional apples, remove the skin and slice very thinly. These apple pieces will be the filling for the mini apple pies.
- Throw the apple slices in a bowl and mix with sugars and cinnamon. Scoop mixture evenly into each of the 4 hollow apples.
- Roll out pie crust and slice into 1/4 inch strips. Note: You can also add a strip of pastry inside the top of the apple almost like a liner to add a little more texture and sweetness to the pie.
- Cover the top of the apple in a lattice pattern with pie crust strips.
- Place apples in an 8 by 8 pan and add just enough water to the cover the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and sliced apples are soft