- Pie crust
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees
- Cut off the top of 4 apples and remove the inside with a spoon or scooper. Be very careful, as to not puncture the peel!
- With the 2 additional apples, remove the skin and slice very thinly. These apple pieces will be the filling for the mini apple pies.
- Throw the apple slices in a bowl and mix with sugars and cinnamon. Scoop mixture evenly into each of the 4 hollow apples.
- Roll out pie crust and slice into 1/4 inch strips. Note: You can also add a strip of pastry inside the top of the apple almost like a liner to add a little more texture and sweetness to the pie.
- Cover the top of the apple in a lattice pattern with pie crust strips.
- Place apples in an 8 by 8 pan and add just enough water to the cover the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and sliced apples are soft
Franci Cohen is a personal trainer, certified nutritionist, exercise physiologist and creator of SPIDERBANDS®, a total-body cardio resistance workout that leverages gravity and your bodyweight with other intense exercise modules such as rebounding, kickboxing and indoor cycling. With over 18 years of experience, Franci has been a mainstay in the fitness and nutrition industries.
Franci devotes much of her time to Fuel Fitness, a specialty fitness center in Brooklyn, NY and continues to teach group fitness classes, train clients and broaden her perspective in all areas of fitness, nutrition and wellness. She designs unique fitness modules and group exercise programs for her clients utilizing the most effective and popular products, tools and exercise equipment available. She has been married for 14 years and currently lives in Brooklyn, NY with her husband and four children.