- 2 cups un-sweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated buttery spread
- 6 slices whole wheat or organic white bread
- 4-5 Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachio kernels, finely chopped or pulsed until fine
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Add almond milk to a bowl. Add sugar, flax seeds, arrowroot powder, flour, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and sea salt. Whisk until slightly frothy. Set aside.
- Spread each slice of bread with a small amount of buttery spread and slice each piece into 6 small triangles. Place in a greased 8 x 8 baking dish, crowded together. Pour liquid mixture over bread and gently press with a fork to help bread absorb liquid.
- Gently fold in chopped Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites. Top dish with pistachios.
- Bake about 38 to 40 minutes, or until pudding is set and top is lightly browned.