- 1 cup pecans or almonds or sunflower seeds, soaked 4 hours
- 8 to 10 dates, soaked 1 to 4 hours
- 2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs, optional
- Drain pecans and dates.
- Blend all ingredients except cacao nibs in a food processor with an S-blade just until crumbly.
- Stir in cacao nibs, if using.
- Take a tablespoon of mixture and roll into a small ball. You may flatten this to make it more cookie-like. Refrigerate. These cookies keep well for a long time.
Do not eat more than two at a time, because they may cause blood sugar or pH issues.
- Add 2 teaspoons vanilla or almond extract, a pinch of sea salt, 1/2 cup grated coconut, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, or 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Half a cup of raisins or 1/4 cup agave nectar may be added, if you want a sweeter cookie.