- 1 cup uncooked bulgur wheat
- 2 tsp olive oil 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic, undrained
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb uncooked small shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add bulgur; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer about 12 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in wine or broth. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomatoes, 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley, capers, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook 3 minutes. Stir in shrimp. Cover; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Stir cooked bulgur into shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover; cook 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley.