- Salt and pepper
- 10 1/2 oz rigatoni or other short-cut pasta
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 5 or 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 14 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 1/2 oz mixture of Picholine, Nocellara, and Kalamata olives or whatever you have on hand, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 oz basil leaves, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil, add salt, and cook pasta for 12–14 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, reserving some pasta water.
- Meanwhile, warm 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan and cook garlic for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add tomatoes to pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add pasta and olives and return garlic to pan, along with a little pasta water. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve drizzled with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan, basil, and some pepper.